Recent discussions on indexing e-lists have dealt with entry order of complex names and names in languages other than English. Some authoritative sources suggested in discussions:
- Indexing names, by Noeline Bridge (Information Today/American Society for Indexing, 2012);
- The Indexer centrepiece articles;
- How to record names of persons, HURIDOCS, 2001 (Human Rights Monitoring and Documentation Series, no 5);
- Names of persons: national usage for entry in catalogues;
- Library of Congress Authorities;
- VIAF: Virtual International Authority File.