Honorary Life Membership is awarded to members in recognition of outstanding service to indexing and/or to the Society, with due consideration to guidelines drawn up and amended as considered necessary from time to time by the Committee.
An Honorary Life Member of the Society has full membership rights, and is deemed a financial member without being required to pay membership fees.
No more than two nominations can be submitted to any Annual General Meeting.
ANZSI Life Members are:
- Shirley Campbell (2015)
- Edyth Binkowski (2013)
- Max McMaster (2009)
- Alan Walker (2009)
- Michael Wyatt (2003)
- John Simkin — d. 24 January 2014
- Kingsley Siebel — d. 20 November 2001
- Jean Hagger — d. 16 July 2008
- Joyce Gillespie
Guidelines for criteria for the nomination of candidates for Honorary Life Membership
- A person will have at least ten years membership of the Society.
- Evidence of outstanding service will be:
a) service as committee member at Society or Branch level
b) details of contribution to indexing and/or the Society.
- No more than two nominations will be presented in any one year.
Guidelines for election of an Honorary Life Member
- Nominations accompanied by an outline of the case supporting Life Membership will be submitted to the Council of the Society by a nominator and a seconder.
- The case may be supported by testimonials if considered appropriate.
- Upon acceptance by a two thirds majority decision of the Council that the nominee has contributed outstanding service, such nomination will be presented to the next Annual General Meeting for voting by members, where a two thirds majority will apply.