From 2001 the ANZSI Web Indexing Prize was replaced by an ANZSI Web Index Award which was awarded to any site at any time. The criteria for the award was that the site index maked a useful contribution to the retrieval of information from the site. Sites that qualifyed were entitled to display the icon shown. This could be linked to a page on the ANZSI site giving the details of the award and listing awarded sites. The endorsement was valid for two years, and after that time the web manager could resubmit their site to have the endorsement renewed. ANZSI website endorsement was available to any site worldwide.
Web Indexing Award
To encourage high quality web and electronic indexes and to promote the web and electronic indexing work of professional indexers, the Digital Publications Indexing SIG of American Society of Indexing awards a deserving indexer the annual Web Indexing Award for excellence in web and electronic indexing.
The Web Indexing Award has ceased from 2017.
2013 Award Winner
- Indexing team of Cheryl Caballero, Erica Smith and Rosalind Guldner, Canada for Legislative Assembly of Ontario — Hansard (index to debates of the Ontario Legislature)
2009 Award Winner
- Mary Russell — A to Z index to the ANZSI website
2008 Award Winners
- First Place — Rebecca Linford, UK Index to the English Department at the University of Dundee, Scotland
- Second Place — Michael Unwalla, UK Index to TechScribe
2006 ANZSI Web Indexing Award
- Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine site index
- Writer’s Block, indexed by Fred Brown (renewed)
- Queensland Environmental Protection Agency’s website, indexed by Patricia Kennedy. This award was renewed in 2006.
2004 ANZSI Web Indexing Award
- Writer’s Block, indexed by Fred Brown
- Queensland Environmental Protection Agency’s website, indexed by Patricia Kennedy. This award was renewed in 2004.
2002 ANZSI Web Indexing Award
- PeopleSoft, indexed by Fred Leise
- Queensland Environmental Protection Agency’s website, indexed by Patricia Kennedy (renewed)
2000 Web Indexing Prize Winner
- Subject Guide to the Queensland Environmental Protection Agency, indexed by Patricia Kennedy, librarian
1998 Web Indexing Prize Winner
- Tasmania Online, indexed by the State Library of Tasmania
1997 Web Indexing Prize Winner
- Faculty of Education Internet Guide, indexed by Christabel Wescombe, Fisher Library, University of Sydney
1996 Web Indexing Prize Winner
- Alan Wilson, Webmaster, Australian Parliamentary Library for a simple index to the information available from the Commonwealth Parliamentary Library’s site and from other departments of the Australian Parliament. It also includes some related information available elsewhere.