There are several people who have made, or continue to make, significant contributions to ANZSI over several years. They are not members of ANZSI. Some were once members; others have never been members.
A winner of the Award is presented with an engraved trophy (or something similar) and certificate at a suitable function, such as a dinner in honour of the recipient.
The second Outstanding Contribution Award was presented to Peter Judge at the ACT Region Branch AGM in October 2013.
The inaugural Outstanding Contribution Award was presented to Sylvia Ramsden at the ANZSI AGM in October 2012.
The criteria for the Award will consider the following:
- The Award will be available only to persons who are not currently members of ANZSI.
- The Award will be for contributions to the Society over a period of several years.
- No more than two nominations will be presented in any one year.
- Nominations accompanied by an outline of the case supporting the award will be submitted to the ANZSI Council by a nominator and a seconder, who are current members of the Society, or by a branch committee.
- The case may be supported by testimonials if considered appropriate.
- Nominations must be supported by a majority of two-thirds of the Council.