This is a test featured page, with some random text. Indexers have a unique combination of skills. They can:
- organise recorded knowledge in any of its formats
- analyse the structure and content of particular works
- express complex ideas concisely
- arrange information systematically into a helpful order
- create finding aids (i.e. indexes, abstracts, subject gateways) to help users find information quickly
- add value to a project by providing many access points to information.
By working in conjunction with other information professionals (such as publishers, editors, librarians, database developers and webmasters) indexers can make a contribution to the planning, development and management of information projects.