- Indexing societies
- General e-lists
- Special interest e-lists
- Software/computer related e-lists
- Thesaurus related e-lists
ANZSI is party to the International Agreement between indexing societies around the world (ICRIS). Many of these societies produce a newsletter and/or various publications. Their websites also provide links to useful information.
- American Society for Indexing (ASI)
- Association of Editors, Proofreaders and Indexers of Ireland
- Association of Southern African Indexers and Bibliographers (ASAIB)
- China Society of Indexing (CSI) (in Chinese)
- Deutsches Netzwerk der Indexer (DNI) / German Network of Indexers
- Indexing Society of Canada / Société canadienne d’indexation (ISC/SCI)
- Nederlands Indexers Network (NIN) / Netherlands Indexing Network
- Society of Indexers (SI) (British and Irish)
- Indexers’ Discussion Group (IDG) is open to indexers of all skill levels and interests. Any topic related to the practice and business of indexing is open for discussion in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Discussion is lively. Information at: https://idg.groups.io/g/main
The next two groups are still available but there are very few postings.
- INDEX-L. A mailing list intended to promote good indexing practice, by providing a forum for discussion, tips and hints.
- aliaINDEXERS. This list was created for exchange of information among Australian and New Zealander indexers.
Special interest email lists
ANZSI members are eligible to join indexing-related Special Interest Groups of the American Society for Indexing. See here for details:
- American Society for Indexing Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Special Information for Indexing Association Members, Affiliated SIG Information
- Digital Publications Indexing
- Periodical/Database indexing
- Taxonomies & controlled vocabularies